Both men and women love keeping their faces smooth because it leaves them looking great and feeling classy. The struggle of keeping the face oily and free of dark spots is not always easy. Unfortunately, most of those with uncomfortable spots on their skin end up seeking solutions all in the wrong places. Do not look any further because natural remedies can help get rid of acne faster than most prescription drugs.
Acne vulgaris, popularly acne, is a skin disorder resulting from inflammation of the sebaceous and oil glands. The disease makes the sebum and oil glands release excess oils that clog in pores causing comedones, spots, and pimples on the face, neck, shoulder, and the upper back. Go natural now and get rid of acne fast.
What causes acne?
Acne develops when the sebum and oil glands produce excess oils, which clog on skin pores, leading to the growth of acne-causing bacteria. The white blood cells attack these growing bacteria resulting in skin inflammations. Besides, hormonal changes, genetic inheritance, unmanaged stress, diet, and infections can lead to acne.
Studies indicate that acnes are very common among teenagers, even thou they also affect middle and aged people. Nobody enjoys having acne because they cause irritation and dryness to the skin.
12 home remedies to get rid of acne fast
Observing the following home remedies will help you get rid of acne fast.
1. Make a mask from honey and cinnamon to prevent acne
Research has shown that the antioxidant properties in honey and cinnamon help in fighting the development of bacteria on the skin. The antioxidants are useful in reducing inflammation, thus preventing the formation of acne. Follow the steps below to make a mask;
- Form a paste by mixing 1 teaspoon and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and honey respectively
- Cleanse your affected skin area and apply the mask.
- Leave the mask for about 15 minutes
- Now remove your mask by washing it with enough water before you let your skin to dry
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in honey and cinnamon help in lowering acne.
2. Apply green tea extract to the skin
Most people enjoy drinking green tea in their daily lives, but again research has come up with more of its benefits. The flavonoid and tannin compounds in green tea help in fighting skin bacteria, thus reducing inflammation.
Also, green tea antioxidant properties lower the production of sebum oils, which are the primary cause of acne. If you are fighting with skin irritation, then try green tea for better results.
You can find green tea lotions and creams at your favorite drug store or make your own from home by following this procedure;
- Boil your green tea in water for about 5 minutes
- Let it cool for a few minutes
- Apply your tea on the skin with a cotton ball
- Allow the tea on your skin to dry for 10 minutes
- Then rinse the skin with clean water and pat dry
- Apply it on the skin once a day
3. Apply vinegar made from apple ciders
Discoveries show that organic acids contained in apple cider vinegar help in fighting bacteria that cause acne. The apple vinegar dries the excess oils, therefore, preventing acne.
For instance, the succinic acid in apple vinegar reduces inflammation, thus lowering acne on the skin. The lactic acid in apple vinegar also plays a significant role in reducing acne, thus improving one’s skin appearance. Make your apple vinegar by following these steps;
- Mix 3 parts of water together with 1 part of apple cider vinegar
- Apply the mixture to the skin using a cotton ball
- Leave it to dry for 15 -20 minutes, depending on the sensitivity of the skin.
- Then dry your skin
- Repeat it twice a day. Remember to apply low amounts of the mixture since excess vinegar is not good for the skin.
4. Include fish oil supplements in your diet
Fish oils contain fatty acids of omega-3, which are essential to the body. Findings have highlighted that the oils in fish supplements prevent inflammation of the skin.
Therefore, consuming supplements such as anchovies, sardines, walnuts, ground flaxseeds, and salmon will help you get rid of acne fast. Also, omega-3 acids reduce acne by balancing the production of skin oil. Daily intake of at least 250 to 500 mg of omega-3 fatty acids is good in managing acne.
5. Moisturize your skin with Aloe Vera
Tropical plants such as aloe vera produce a gel that helps in fighting inflammation. Furthermore, these plants have sulfur and salicylic acids that lower acne and improve skin appearance.
Aloe vera gel is mixed with creams, soaps, and lotions to treat various skin conditions such as rashes, abrasions, and wounds. When buying aloe vera, go for the pure one with no added ingredients. You can as well extract your aloe vera gel directly from the plant. Below is a procedure for you;
- Take a spoon and scrape the gel out of the aloe vera leaves
- Apply the gel as a moisturizer to your skin
- Do this once or twice a day
6. Reduce stress to get rid of acne fast
Stress increases the production of sebum oils that clog on pores and cause acne. Besides, stress can lower the repairing of acne lesions. You can reduce stress by exercising, meditating, practicing yoga, spending time with friends, and having enough sleep.
7. Consume low dairy products
Consuming foods that are rich in dairy products such as milk can lead to acne severity. High levels of dairy products trigger hormonal changes, leading to the development of more acne. Cutting dairy products from your diet will help you get rid of acne fast.
8. Do regular exercises to get rid of acne fast
Exercising improves normal body functions, hormonal balance, and general performance. For this reason, always engage in exercises like jumping jacks, leg squats, running and jogging, abductor side lifts, and lunges to reduce stress and acne.
9. Scrub your skin gently
Get rid of acne fast by scrubbing dead cells from the skin surface. The removal of these cells opens the clogged pores that decrease the number of acnes.
The microdermabrasion exfoliation method is also perfect in improving the appearance of the skin. Do gentle scrubbing, to avoid irritating the skin that may lead to more acne.
You can get your exfoliating product from your favorite drug store or make your mixture at home by following the procedure below;
- Mix equal quantities of sugar and salt (or coconut oil)
- Use the mixture to scrub your skin gently using a brush or a scrub
- Rinse your skin and often exfoliate for better results
10. Consume moderate amounts of zinc supplements
Several studies have shown that people with acne have low zinc levels as compared to those with no acnes. Zinc nutrients improve metabolic processes and growth of body cells, thus reducing the formation of acne.
Unlike other forms, zinc oxide has the highest content of zinc, making it a suitable solution for can management. You can have a moderate amount of 30 to 40 mg of zinc daily because excessive zinc nutrients may irritate your gut and cause stomach pains.
11. Take brewery yeast to get rid of acne fast
Zinc, iron, chromium, and vitamin B nutrients in brewer’s yeast are best in lowering acne. The antibacterial effects of these nutrients help in reducing acne. However, some people may experience bloating and headaches after consuming the brewer’s yeast.
12. Use Witch Hazel shrub
The tannin compound extracted from the leaves and the bark of the Witch Hazel shrub found in North America has an antibacterial effect that helps in lowering acne. The extract aids in fighting acne from the skin.
Experts found out that the Witch Hazel shrub could also heal other skin conditions such as bruises, varicose veins, insect bites, eczema, and dandruff.
What are the signs and symptoms of acne?
The common signs and symptoms of acne include;
- Cysts that are large and red filled with pus
- Nodules red like bumps that appear beneath the skin surface
- Pustules with discharge which are small bulging bumps that look white and red at the center
- Papules – which small red bumps with no pus formed from a mixture of bacteria and excessive skin cell
- Blackheads that appears black on the skin with the pore heads open
- Whiteheads appearing as white bumps on the skin with pore heads closed
READ ALSO: Get rid of pimples fast with these 10 ways
The above home remedies will help you get rid of acne fast. Remember that acne takes time before they disappear. If your acne shows no sign of healing, then seek medical attention. Which home remedy are you going to try first?