Polycarp Igathe is a determined Kenyan corporate executive and businessman lately immersed in competitive politics. He is mainly celebrated for landing seven-figure salary jobs in quick succession. We turn to Polycarp Igathe biography for answers on his widely admired life story.
Declaring interest in Nairobi City County gubernatorial seat brought Igathe to the limelight after years of resignation as deputy governor. The race is getting stiffer against super Senator Johnson Sakaja.
Polycarp Igathe profile
- Age: 49 years
- Tribe: Kikuyu
- Years active: Since 1995
- Real names: Polycarp Igathe Kamau
- Polycarp Igathe tribe: Kikuyu
Polycarp Igathe biography
Igathe sparked his career as a fresh graduate in the mid-nineties. He has since amassed a wealth of experience in both business and leadership. His notoriety in the private sector is particularly pushing him to the centre stage.
Polycarp Igathe age
How old is Igathe? Kamau Polycarp Igathe was born on September 21, 1972, at Pumwani Hospital. He is therefore age is 49 years old as of 2022.
Polycarp Igathe family
Who are Igathe parents? Polycarp Igathe father Mr Kamau was an accountant and his mother Mrs Kamau a charismatic primary school teacher. However, more about his siblings is yet to be known.
Polycarp Igathe education
Igathe is a graduate of the University of Nairobi where he majored in economics and sociology. He joined UoN in 1990 and received his Bachelor’s Degree in 1995. While in campus, Igathe served as the National Chairman of AIESEC in Kenya.
Furthermore, Igathe is an alumna of Strathmore University’s Advanced Management Program (AMP) with IESE Business School in Spain. On top of that, he brags organizational leadership skills from the Institute of Corporate Governance.
Career history of Polycarp Igathe
Igathe joined the payroll within the same year of leaving college in 1995. Some of the posts he has occupied are enlisted below.
- 1995 – 1996: Finance Officer, Queensland Health in Australia.
- 1997- 2000: Employee at Coca-Cola Kenya
- 2001: Sales and marketing manager at Africa Online
- 2003 – 2013: Tiger Brands Regional Managing Director
- Sales operations manager & marketing manager at the Kenya Breweries Limited
- Managing director at Haco Industries for a decade
- 2010 to date: Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls High School chairman & board member
- 2012 – 2014: Kenya Association of Manufacturers chairman
- 2013 – 2017: Vivo Energy Managing Director
- 2014 – 2016: Petroleum Institute of East Africa chairman
- 2014 – 2016: Director and Trustee of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance
- 2015 – 2016: Anti-Counterfeit Agency chairperson
- 2016: Special Economic Zones Authority of Kenya chairperson
- 2017 – 2018: Nairobi County Deputy Governor
- 2018 – 2019: CCO at Equity Bank Limited
- 2018 – 2019: MD at Equity Bank Limited
- 2019 – 2022: Executive Vice President at Vivo Energy Kenya
- 2020 – 2022: Group Chief Commercial Officer at Equity Bank
- 2022: Nairobi County Gubernatorial Aspirant
Polycarp Igathe political history
In 2017, Igathe successfully became deputy governor alongside the county boss Mike Mbuvi Sonko. He went into office with the Jubilee Party ticket only to resign six months later on what he termed as a lack of trust from Sonko. He is presently running for the county seat with full blessings from the Azimio la Umoja coalition.
Polycarp Igathe wife and children
Igathe and his wife Catherine Igathe are blessed with three children among them two daughters and a son.
Polycarp Igathe salary and net worth
How much does Igathe earn per month? Igathe banks multiple incomes from his executive roles in different companies including Equity Bank. Some publications estimate his monthly earnings at Ksh. 2 million. Moreover, Polycarp Igathe net worth is evident in his multiple properties and a heavy machine Bentley car.
Polycarp Igathe biography is a sweet life story to several Kenyans looking up to him as a role model. Follow us daily and know new stories as they come every moment.
- George Wajackoyah Net Worth; Career, Sources of wealth, Manifesto
- Take Raila to Greece to witness ballot printing, William Ruto tells IEBC
- Martha Karua Biography, age, tribe, education, career, husband, children, Raila Odinga running mate